Search This Blog

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Little Lulu-pot

GRIEF AND LOSS SUCK!!!!!

We lost our little Lulu this week (there is a picture of her to the left of this post and my sister posted some great ones of her on my Facebook page).  Wednesday morning she was hit by a car and killed.  Greg buried her.  I had to go to work because it was the end of the month and I cried all day.  I would go for a while with just tears falling and then I would have these horrible crying jags that just take your breath away.  

I was right back where I was the day Abby died....

I was feeling the same things.  I was listening to people tell me the same things.  Some might think I am crazy for saying that it was the same, but they obviously don't understand the love I have for my dogs.  I almost think I love them too much.

Then after that initial shock and intense pain wears off, anger sets in.  I get so mad.  I wonder why Abby and Lulu were given to me if I couldn't enjoy them for longer than I had them.  I had Abby for almost 5 months and Lulu would have been 9 months old this month.  I don't want to say that I would rather not have had them because I will always treasure the time I had with both of them.  It just hurts so damn bad...

My heart physically aches for both of them now.  Time has passed since Abby died.  It will be 6 years since she was taken from me on Sept 23.  Time has made it better, but I don't think it will ever get easier.  For this family everything after the first weekend in September (Cameron's birthday is Sept. 2) just royally stinks.  If it wasn't for the fall season, I would really hate this month.

So, that is it.  There isn't much else to say.  I keep waiting on her to run in here and jump on the bed and start pawing at Brownie wanting her to play.  Or to hear Austin laughing as hard as he can while running back and forth through the house with her.  Austin and Lulu were buddies to the end...luckily, he is taking this better than I thought right now.  I just can't believe she is gone...

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment