Search This Blog

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Doctors, cotton, and soccer...oh my!!

Just a warning from the top that this might end up being an extremely long post.  I have a lot to catch up on here and some new things to share because I feel like it is finally time. So, we will go in order of the title of the post.  Doctors visits first!!

First, I have to tell you that I got the greatest surprise in the world on Wednesday night.  I came home from work and when I pulled in the driveway my sister and Izzy were standing there!!  I couldn't believe it!!  I just started bawling.  She came down so she could go to my doctor's appointment with me and be at the boy's first game!!  It means so much to me that she was here.

As I have mentioned before, I was off the entire month of July and some of August with never ending kidney stones.  I had three surgeries, one on the left and two on the right, to remove different stones.  During an ER visit for the second episode the ER doc told me that I needed to go see my primary care doctor about a mass the radiologist saw on my adrenal gland during the cat scan.  He said that it wasn't an emergency, but that I should make plans to see him about it pretty quick.  So I did!  There was many blood and urine tests and I had to have an MRI with contrast.  Eventually my doctor came to the conclusion that he didn't think the mass was "completely benign".  He said that it wasn't there last year when I had a cat scan for a kidney stone and based on that and the size, 3 cm, that I needed to go ahead and probably get it removed.  After an adrenal mass grows to 4 cm it is malignant no matter what, just based on size.  It is to my understanding that they don't just grow that big without being cancer.  I was referred to an endocrinologist this past week and long story short, I have to do one more 24 hour urine, call her on Thursday to remind her to look at my lab results and to call the surgeon to set up an appointment with him.  This is all that I know to this point.  I haven't mentioned it on here because I wanted to make sure it was going to have to come out before I started rattling stuff off.  I will post updates from now on regarding this.  The endocrinologist says that it is a major surgery and we are looking at middle October for the date, which brings us to our next topic....cotton!!

I was trying to get all this taken care of before cotton season, but nope!  It is going to happen right smack in the middle of it.  I don't know what we will do.  I don't need to wait until after since the mass has grown so fast over a short amount of time.  I will have my mom, dad, and sister, so that is good.  We will make it one way or the other.  I am feeling like this might be Greg's last weekend off for a while.  During cotton season he will work second shift, 3-11, seven days a week.  I hate it, but it gives us extra money.  Plus, with the boys getting bigger it is a little easier.  Cotton season always makes me grateful for everything Greg does around the house to help me out.  He isn't able to do a lot of it when he works so much and I am pretty much a single mom for a while.  It is always a toss up as to when he starts too.  Just have to wait and see!



Soccer!!!  Both the boys said they wanted to play soccer, so we signed them up!!  The first practice was this past Tuesday night.  I really liked both coaches.  Cameron's team didn't practice though.  His coach isn't able to make it on Tuesday nights, but he is there to coach the games on Saturday.  Austin did really good in practice.  Today was their first game!  I was so excited!!  I bought chairs to leave in the car and we packed a cooler and it was awesome.  Both of their games were at the same time, but luckily the fields were right next to each other so we were able to sit in between and watch both.  All games have two 20 minute halves. Austin's game started a little before Cameron's did.  The coach told them where to stand and Austin would not move!!  Greg walked over there and Austin was crying.  He said that he was scared and that he didn't want to play soccer anymore.  UGH!!!  Really son?  He wouldn't even stand on the field and watch them!  He just cried...the WHOLE game.  I thought if he stayed out there and would just watch them that he would get over it, but nope!  Hopefully next Saturday's game will be better.  Cameron on the other hand did amazing!!!  He has never played soccer in his life and they didn't even practice Tuesday night, so I really thought it was going to be a disaster, but they won!!  Cameron even had a save during his turn at goalie.  He got in there and hustled and played his heart out!  And he is WORN OUT!!!  I was so proud of him I couldn't stand it.  I hope that Austin gets over his fear.  I know he has always been a shy kid in a lot of public situations, but I didn't expect this at all.  The coach told Greg he could stand with him on the field so he did and that didn't help.  Austin just hid behind him.  Oh well, we will try again!

That is pretty much it for right now.  I am thinking about doing another Q&A post.  I really like those.

Until next time.......

1 comment:

  1. Geeze Jan ... that's alot of medical stuff in a short time. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete