Search This Blog

Monday, August 27, 2012

Lucky? Nah, I am BLESSED!!

Today was the first day I had been back to work since July 6.  I actually went back 3 days a couple of weeks ago, but what is three days when I have been off almost two months!?!  I was driving home today and I realized how blessed and grateful I am for the things that I have been given.  Some people hear my "story" and just shake their heads at all the heartache and pain I have had in my life, but they don't see all the great things I have either!

There is a laundry list of things that haven't been great in my life.  I have chronic kidney stones, I have to drive and hour and fifteen minutes one way to work everyday, I lost a child, and I can't afford to move into a house that would not only be bigger, but safer for my family.  I am sure I could think of more, but I really don't want to dwell on the bad stuff!!

Let's look at all the good things!!!!  And yes, I love exclamation points!!!  First and foremost, I have the best husband that anyone could ask for.  This man has taken care of me and the boys and worked at least 40 hours a week since I have been sick.  He has done all the grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, bathing (dogs and boys), laundry, and worked his day job.  Words will never say how much I appreciate and love this man with all of my heart and soul.  The most important part is that I tell him this, as much as I can, because he deserves it.

I also have an amazing mom and sister.  I can call them anytime with anything and they will always be there.  They have helped make me who I am today and I will always be grateful for that, because I think I am pretty cool!

I have friends that I love dearly.  I know that any one of them would help me with anything, all I would have to do is ask.  One of them I talk to on a daily basis no matter what.  We are always there for each other and always know what the other one is doing.  I really don't know how I lived before I met her.  I have a few that I don't speak to as often but I believe we have an unspoken understanding that we both have extremely busy lives and don't always have the time, but if we need to talk or anything else we pick right back up where we left off.  It is so comforting knowing that I have friends that are there and care.

I have three beautiful children that I would not trade for anything in this world.  Even though we lost Abby, we wouldn't be where we are today had it gone any different.  I am not grateful for her death, but I am grateful for the path she has lead me on since.  I believe it has made me much more patient and understanding in other aspects of my life.  It has made me really remember that you never know what another person is going through in their life and to always consider other people's feelings when dealing with them.

I am grateful for my boss!! (And no, she does not read my blog so I'm not trying to get brownie points!!)  I have worked for a little over three years now for the same company and I have loved every minute of it!  I started off as the secretary at the local clinic here in town and last year was asked to take a promotion to Administrative Assistant at the Regional Office in Memphis.  This was a huge decision since I had it so good where I was!  But, in the end I took the job and really the only bad was that I would have to drive to Memphis everyday and I quickly found that many others do the same thing!  I am so glad that I took this position.  I have formed an awesome relationship with my boss.  We work so well together and I am so grateful for that.  She is so understanding and giving.  It makes all the driving worth my while.

There are so many other things that I am blessed with as well.  This just skims the surface.  I just felt like it was a good day to be blessed and thankful.  Even though I have had rough patches in my life, I am no different from anyone else.  Everyone should find things to be thankful for.  Focus on the things you are blessed with.  Because I promise, no matter what, it will make it better.  It is all a matter of perspective!!  Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Sorry you've been sick. I hope you are feeling better. What a commute ... ick! Sounds like you don't mind it or at least accept it for the job you love. Good job on the promotion! Welcome to blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete